Sunday, March 23, 2008

My 3rd Question : What do you think about combative sport on TV?

Hey!
I love my husband truely and deeply. I usually accept all his aspects, but sometimes I can't especially when he watches a combative sport (in other words, mixed martial arts) on TV such as K1, Pride and UFC. In my point of view, it's very terrifying and creul because two fighters usually bleed on the stage. The most worrying problem is that my two little kids are watching it, too! I'm always telling him to stop watching it, but he just pretends to change the channel and turn back to the progarm shortly.
What do you think about mixed martial arts on TV?

5 comments:

Mcluhan said...

Men sometimes want to get rid of stress by watching the kind of this sport even though it is cruel. So I think watching the mixed martial arts is natural. If You stopped your husband from waching, he could probably find another way to remove his stress like drinking and etc. And he is an adult so he can tell the sports from the real situation. However, you'd better prevent your kids from watching this program.

yanni said...

Hi, Lucy..
Men used to be hunters in the past. They had to fight with wild animals and sometimes other tribes to survive the cruel world. The wild instinct still remains in the hearts of men. Sports are another kind of fighting. Please think mixed martial arts are another version of sports. When someone hit the other and knock down him, we, men, feel thrilled, excited and satisfied like catching a game for their family. Man is a wolf. Surprsing?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Licy!
Probably most women don't like to watch that kind of games, I think. I really hate my husband and son enjoy watching those games. I'd rather want them to do some helpful exercise or productive things instead of wathching such violent sports.

Andy's said...

Why don't you buy your husband golf club?
Or something sweats and let him exercise outside.
He needs something consoles that his wild nature.

Nicole said...

Hi Lucy,
I read that a few others thought that watching sport would release your husband's stress but studies have shown that watching violence on TV or computer games can increase stress...I think Andy's idea of your husband taking up a sport is a good one.